Book Tokens Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Book Tokens Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Your demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes using the email address which you have provided, only if you have opted-in to receive these.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We take your online security very seriously. You need to have peace of mind that you are transacting with a legitimate and secure site before you buy. We follow strict security procedures to protect the information you give us and to prevent unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information.
When you send us your personal information, the link between your PC and our server is encrypted using industry standard methods - usually referred to as SSL (128 bit encryption). We use a Digital Certificate issued by Comodo, and secure pages will be identified by – https:// in the address bar and also a padlock sign.
Once your information reaches our server, the card details are further encrypted before being stored as a secure token by our secure banking provider Lloyds Cardnet This means that your card number is never stored in any human-readable format. This allows us to charge your card for goods as they are despatched, rather than in advance. It also allows us to quickly issue refunds and to speed up the process of despatching any back orders you may be waiting for. The communication between Book Tokens Ltd and Lloyds Cardnet is secured with encryption and digital certificates, issued by a recognised authority.