Transferring an eBook to a Tablet.
If you have an iPad you will need to use iTunes to transfer your eBook. Please see the Bluefire instruction manual (found in the Bluefire reader library) for full instructions.
If you have an Android tablet please follow the steps below to transfer your eBook from you PC.
Firstly download and install on your Android device the free software 'Bluefire Reader'. You can find it on the Android Marketplace by searching for 'Bluefire Reader'. It can also be downloaded from www.bluefirereader.com. You can also use other free eReader apps such as Aldiko, which may have come with your tablet or phone
There are various ways to transfer your eBook from you PC to your tablet, the easiest two being; transferring windows files using 'MS Windows Explorer' or by using a web based cloud service such as dropbox. Both methods are outlined below. Both assume you have already downloaded your eBook to your PC.
Option 1 - Transferring the eBook to your tablet Using 'MS Windows Explorer'
- When you connect you tablet to your PC via its USB cable windows should display an auto play dialog box.
- Click on the 'Open device to view files' option. And 'MS Windows Explorer' will open to display the tablet files.
- Navigate to your tablets reader software library folder, in the case of Bluefire reader this is usually 'Tablet\Bluefire\library'. The tablet is now ready to receive the eBook.
- Open another 'MS Windows Explorer' window and navigate to you eBook folder this will either be:
C:\Libraries\Documents\My Digital Editions if you downloaded with Adobe Digital Editions.
C:\Libraries\Documents \My Books\Reader if you downloaded with Sony's Reader for PC.
- Your eBook usually will be named by its title and have either an '.epub' or '.pdf' extension. Drag and drop the eBook files from its PC folder to the tablet folder.
Viewing the eBook in 'Bluefire' reader
- On your Android tablet, open the Apps listing.
- Open your tablet's 'My Files' app.
- Tap on the 'Bluefire' folder.
- Next tap on the 'library' folder.
- When prompted, tap on the 'Download to Bluefire Reader'
- In Bluefire you have another choice.
- Read now takes you direct into your eBook
- Go to library takes you to Bluefire's library.
- Download and install the software to both your PC and your tablet, (this is very easy to do, visit www.dropbox.com and follow their simple instructions).
Create a Dropbox account.
- You will now have a 'Dropbox' folder on your PC. Open your Dropbox folder.
- Open one of the following folders:
C:\Libraries\Documents\My Digital Editions\ if you downloaded with Adobe Digital Editions or C:\Libraries\Documents \My Books\Reader\ if you downloaded with Sony's Reader for PC
- Drag and drop the eBook files to your 'Dropbox' folder.
- On your tablet, start the web browser and go to www.dropbox.com
Log into your account
Your file page is displayed, tap on the new eBook file and choose to download via your browser of 'Bluefire'
Your eBook will now open in the Bluefire reader.
- Bluefire library, tap on a book to read it.
Option 2 - Transferring the eBook to your tablet Using Dropbox (www.dropbox.com)
How to download eBooks on an apple device with the Bluefire reader
- Visit the Apple App store on your device, search for and download the “Bluefire reader” application
- Once you have installed the Bluefire Reader app...
- Run the Bluefire Reader app
- Click Info then Authorise
- Enter your Adobe ID then Authorise
- Once you have purchased your eBook you can get it either from the confirmation email (which contains the download link) or directly from the eBook Library on your My Account page on the website.
- Either method will open a new Safari tab. Click Open in Bluefire to install the eBook to your device.
- It will then ask whether you wish to read it now or later, choose read now to view the eBook. Choosing read later will add the title to your library but not open it.
- That’s it! Enjoy your eBooks :-)